This role will be a FIFO role from Perth working on an 2:1 roster (day shift only). Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring client meets its obligations and act as a point of reference for site personnel in regards to all HSEQ & Training matters.
Your duties will include, but not limited to:
- Ensure all Occupational Safety and Health legislation regulations are adopted and complied with;
- Assist in preparing and maintaining all site based HSEQ documents to comply with HSEQ Management Plans;
- Communicate and maintain a culture of “Zero Harm”;
- Foster an effective feedback system to ensure that accurate and timely information, regarding HSEQ is passed to management and staff;
- Work with the site supervisors to conduct frequent and regular site inspections for HSEQ hazards, to identify problems and arrange for remedial action to be taken;
- Assist and coach the site supervisors to conduct investigations into all reported HSEQ hazards/incidents;
- Some Training of Mobile Plant Operators using a subject matter expert;
- Assist the site supervisors to conduct regular HSEQ Systems Audits;
- Maintain KPI, critical equipment and training registers;
- Preference will be given to applicants with machine operating experience.
To be successful in this role you must have the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum Certificate IV in OHS and Cert IV in Training & Assessing;
- More than 5 years proven experience within a production, exploration or rehabilitation environment;
- Demonstrated incident investigation experience and knowledge;
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant Western Australian legislation;
- Knowledge, experience or training in risk management; and
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organisation.